Public Golf Courses in South Carolina
Being Fitted for Your Golf Clubs
Choosing Golf Clothing
Teaching Kids Golf
Developing Your Own Style
Improving Your Balance
Improving Your Golf Putting
Improving Your Golf Swing
Keep Your Head Still
The Feel of Good Golf
How to Pack
How to Save Money
Public Golf Courses
Four Magic Moves
Golf Beginner Guide
Guide to Golf Options
High Power Golf
Instant Golf Lesson
Instant Slice Cure
Simple Golf Swing
Bags & Carts
Push & Pull Carts
Travel Bags & Cases
Club Parts & Accessories
Grip Repair Kits
Golf Beginner Guide
Golf Swing Eureka
How to Break 80
Instant Slice Cure
Lady Golfers Guide
The Simple Golf Swing
Underground Golf Psychology
Public Golf Courses in South Carolina
Here are some of the top public golf courses in South Carolina:
1. & 2. The Barefoot Resort and Golf at North Myrtle Beach is home to four different golf courses: the "Norman Course", the "Dye Course", the "Love Course" and the "Fazio Course". The Love and Fazio courses have been rated as two of the best public golf courses in not only the state, but in the country over all, and, as their names imply, were respectively designed by Davis Love III (a Carolina native), and reknown golf architect, Tom Fazio.
3. The Caledonia Golf and Fish Club at Pawleys Island is a beautiful course which has been very highly rated by Golf Digest, Golf Magazine and Golfweek. The course is established on what was once a Carolina rice plantation, and is also home to the Caledonia Grillroom, a popular and hospitable restaurant offering many excellent local and southern dishes.
4. The Dunes Golf and Beach Club at Myrtle Beach is home to one of Robert Trent Jones's finest designs. The course was first built in 1948, and then further improved by Robert Trent Jones himself in 1976-1977, and 1992. Since then, Robert Trent Jones' son, Rees Jones, has continued his father's work and further upgraded the course.
5. The Sea Pines Resort at Hilton Head on Hilton Head Island, is home to three golf courses: "Harbour Town Golf Links", the "Ocean Course" and "Sea Marsh". Harbour Town Golf Links has been very highly rated by all of Golf Digest, Golf Magazine and Golf Weekly. This course offers panoramic ocean views, as well as deep bunkers and lagoons.
6. The Heritage Club at Pawleys Island, is another highly rated and beautiful par 71 course. The clubhouse overlooks the Waccamaw River, and the course itself offers rolling fairways and undulating greens flanked by lsuh vegetation.
7. King's North at Myrtle Beach National at Myrtle Beach is an 18 hole course designed by Arnold Palmer and Frank Duane that first opened in 1973. The course has many unique and distinctive holes include the 3rd hole which has become a signature hole for the entire Myrtle Beach area, the 5th hole (nicknamed "The Gamber") which offers a risky short-cut to green for a chance at an eagle, and the incredible 18th hole.
8. Kiawah Island Golf Resort is home to no less than five different courses: "Turtle Point", "Osprey Point", "Oak Point", "Cougar Point" and "The Ocean Course". The most highly regarded of these is the Ocean Course which was built in 1991 by Pete Dye. This course offers 10 ocean side holes, more than any other course in the Northern hemisphere, and is probably the course most affected by wind in the entire country, if not the entire world outside of the United Kingdom and Ireland. The most remarkable feature of the Ocean Course is that the play is completely different depending on the direction of the wind!
9. Tidewater Golf at North Myrtle Beach is a well regarded course that offers challenging but playable golf, suitable for both pros and lesser players.
These websites may also be of interest:
You may also be interested in these pages on this website:
Disclaimer: This website and its content, is intended for general information only. Information on this site is the personal opinions of the authors only, and has NOT been reviewed or vetted by a doctor or other medical professional or nutritionist or fitness instructor, etc. Please be sure to consult with your doctor before changing your exercise regimen or diet, if you need health or medical advice, or if you seek prevention, diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition, illness or disease, or advice on any such matter.
Note: Our company does NOT provide travel, vacation, hotel, car rental services or associated products or services. Any links (including but not limited to banners, text links, or search forms) to such items on this web site are adverts from third parties. Sorry we can NOT answer questions about these types of products or services.
Our company is NOT associated with any specific golf resorts, golf courses, destinations, attractions or places of interest that may be described on this website. In such cases, we have often provided links to the official sites where possible, or other third party sites containing useful information, purely as a courtesy and for informational purposes only.
All information about golf courses and resorts, attractions, places of interest, travel destinations, travel services, etc., was believed to be correct at the time it was prepared, but may be change at any time. Readers are advised to check with the golf course/resort operator, their travel agent, travel provider, or the attraction operator, for current information.
Copyright © 2007-2023, Answers 2000 Limited
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE,COMES FROM AMAZON EU S.à r.l. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
Disclosure: Our company's websites' content (including this website's content) includes advertisements for our own company's websites, products, and services, and for other organization's websites, products, and services. In the case of links to other organization's websites, our company may receive a payment, (1) if you purchase products or services, or (2) if you sign-up for third party offers, after following links from this website. Unless specifically otherwise stated, information about other organization's products and services, is based on information provided by that organization, the product/service vendor, and/or publicly available information - and should not be taken to mean that we have used the product/service in question. Additionally, our company's websites contain some adverts which we are paid to display, but whose content is not selected by us, such as Google AdSense ads. For more detailed information, please see Advertising/Endorsements Disclosures
Click privacy for information about our company's privacy, data collection and data retention policies, and your rights.
In Association With Amazon.com
Answers 2000 Limited is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
In Association With Amazon.co.uk
Answers 2000 Limited is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.
As an Amazon Associate, our company earns from qualifying purchases. Amazon, the Amazon logo, Endless, and the Endless logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
All third party content and adverts are copyright of their respective owners.
Some graphics on our web sites are Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Hemera Technologies Inc., and used under license. All such pictures are provided for viewing purposes only and are not to be saved or downloaded. All such pictures of recognizable individuals are models and used for illustrative purposes only, and not meant to imply any association or endorsement of said individual with any product or service.